[WF-Infra] Box Parts. (Was Re: belegost FTP / file upload / rackmount boxen)

Derek Gladding derek_gladding at altavista.com
Wed Mar 7 14:20:58 PST 2001

On Tue, 06 March 2001, Malcolm Walker wrote:

> Gabriel Cain wrote:
>
> > > Gabe, what more is needed for you to get your box?  If there are
> > > parts that need to be purchased, give me a list (and an address to
> > > send them) and we'll see what we can do.
> >
> > Basically, here's a list of parts that will satisfy this:
> >
> > Thing           Estimated Price
> > ------------------------------------
> > 2U case         | $240
> > Motherboard     | $120
> > Video           | $20
>
> This is what I am working on.  The case now fits the back end of the NLX
> motherboard; tomorrow I hope to have the riser fitted and powered up.
>

> > NIC             | $50 (3com or some such)
> > Processor       | $100
>
> UncleFluffy [Derek Gladding] has these.  (Intel/Intel)

Got them boxed up now - I'll mail them to Malcolm this weekend (you'll have to find your own heatsink for the CPU though). I've probably got a crappy PCI or ISA video card lying around as well that I'll throw in the box too - you're not bothered about video performance with this being a server ?

- Derek