[WF-Infra] Re: [WF-Rules] Mason

Miguel Guzman miguel_tid at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 06:49:38 PST 2001

Hello,

   I am on the opinion that translations are something
very ambiguous and personal to be done automatically
by a computer.

   A friend of mine is a translator and she uses
something called "automatic translation" with
computers but they are more like "assisted
translation" because the human has *always* to keep an
eye and make the program do the correct thing.

   And this is only for static translations, where the
text, once translated, won't change. A dinamic webpage
could be a quite harder issue.

   What I would like to say is that I don't believe in
computer translation in real-time (have you ever tried
to translate a site using babelfish? the best I can
say of this is - weird :) ). For not being too
pessimistic, I offer myself to make minor (say,
website critical areas) translations to spanish, and
that I'll try to do my best.

   Best regards,

   Miguel  (Aglanor)

   P.D.: and that small list of RPG terms, of course.
A glossary seems instead a more ambitious project for
which I think I won't have time...