[WF-Infra] Re: [WF-General] Acorn Game Server Plan

ajr at ecs.soton.ac.uk ajr at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Mar 20 19:00:38 PST 2001

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 09:42:28AM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Anubis, here is what to do:  Go to the Acorn server page and alter it to
> have the color coded list below, and add yourself.
>
> If someone posts a gameplan for using the meta server, as well as sets
> it up and generates directions on using it, then we will go that route,
> but I don't think that's incompatible with the naming scheme below.  ;-)

metaserver usage in the latest CVS of cyphesis-C++ is more or less
automatic. For the next version of Acorn it should be in the client
too. Once we have it in uclient, I will try and get the metaserver
itself installed on a machine somewhere, and get metaserver.worldforge.org
pointed at it, then we will be set. We will no longer have to maintain
server lists. Of course it is still a good idea to use the colour scheme
for naming, so we know where servers are.

If anyone has a machine available that is extremely reliable, never
goes down, and has a little bit of bandwidth to spare, then this is
what we require for the metaserver. The bandwidth usage is really
tiny.

Al