[WF-Infra] Status on Web Migration.

Michael Miyabara-McCaskey mykarz at miyabara.com
Mon Oct 8 11:32:35 PDT 2001

Bryce,

Thank you for the thoughtful response. I also appreciate you jumping back
onto IRC on Saturday, and having a variety of dicussions with you.

Though Eidetic sounds great, I think I'm going to put this as a prority of
2. I had so much trouble the first month, just trying to figure out IRC
channels vs. Email Lists vs. Newsservers vs. Broken Email Search
Systems... etc... That'd like to make the experience for the next
person(s) who are interested in contributing to Worldforge a smoother
process.

As such my priority 1 is going to be the website, layout, and
transition.  I have seen a response from Philippe Jadin.  That very well
reflects what I feel about the website as well... It's too complex and
not complex enough.

Don't mistake my intentions though, I'm here to play games... And I'd love
to be involved in any and all work on building the main server game engine
(STAGE), and I do have a bit of experience with PostgreSQL, so I'll
continue to read any and all emails to this distro, about it, and try and
help out as much as I can... Also I did get an account created on Victor
for me at the shell level and the PostgreSQL database level. So let me
know if you need anything.

On a side note, through I did get an account on victor, I am not added to
the "SUDOERS" file (I checked today).  So keep me posted if we need
another SysAdmin to help out doing tasks. (As I heard in IRC with you on
Saturday that we were losing one of the SysAdmins).

Thanks again for the help in "setting myself up" so I can be some help
here.  Now let's see what I can do.

-Michael

P.S. I did join, @general @announce @server thanks for the
recommendation... As for the newsserver, it's useless to me during the day
as I can not get there from behind the firewall I'm at.  And though I can
get some IRC connections during the day, it's not in my best interest to
do so during standard business hours at my day job.  So hopefully email
will be the update method of choice.