[WF-Infra] Web site layout / some ideas

Michael Miyabara-McCaskey mykarz at miyabara.com
Mon Oct 8 12:03:11 PDT 2001

In the immortal words of "Jean Luc Picard". -- "Make it so". --
;-P

Philippe,

I find your recommendations not only on target, but highly refined.  I
especially like the simple touch using the use of color in each major
section.

Next, I completely agree with the depth, and navigation of depth
problems.  I really enjoyed your message that you sent to "INFRA" about
the depth/navigation problem, and what your recommended solution would
be.  I included it here, because I think it's the right way to
proceed, and I'd like to get any and all feedback from the
"GENERAL" email distro as well.

Anyone else?  Yes? No? Maybe?

-Michael Miyabara-McCaskey (aka MyKarz)

}  Imho what is needed right now is a better organization of the website's
}  layout. It should be simplier : top categories on the top of the page
}  that do not change for the whole site (in place of "Quick Links"), sub
}  categories on the left, represented like that :
}
}  [TopCat 1] [TopCat 2] [TopCat 3] [TopCat 4] [TopCat 5] [TopCat 6]
}
}
}  SubCat 1
}    SubsubCat1        <content here>
}    SubsubCat2
}    SubsubCat3
}    SubsubCat4
}  SubCat 2
}    SubsubCat1
}    SubsubCat2
}    SubsubCat3
}  SubCat 3
}    SubsubCat1
}    SubsubCat2
}    SubsubCat3
}
}  Then we would have three levels in the website, which is a maximum in
}  the usability point of view.
}
}  ---> www.Worldforge.org/TopCat1/SubCat1/SubSubCat1/ParticularPage
}