[WF-Infra] Website Help

Philippe Jadin philippe at 123piano.com
Wed Oct 10 20:56:00 PDT 2001

Michael Miyabara-McCaskey wrote:

> Standards are great, if they represent what is standard.  But the reality
> of the Internet we live is is...
>
> Internet Explorer 4.x, 5.x and Netscape 4.x
>
> The rest are cute, but not many people have them... In a IRC discussion
> with 'Kosh' last night, he said he should have browser detection working
> soon, which means we can do the right things no matter what browser shows
> up.

Hopefully we just came to the same conclusion with elefth, and this will
help!

My idea is to introduce the concept of "skins". Users could choose
"their" vision of the site. The preference would be stored in a cookie
(with support for cookie less browsers -> a standard version would be
used instead).

This way, the current version of the site would be one skin, and any new
version would be another skin.

Philippe