[WF-Infra] Re: [WF-General] More Introductions

Philippe Jadin philippe at 123piano.com
Thu Oct 11 15:53:49 PDT 2001

> This is a very good idea!  Thanks!  As we get more screenshots of clients
> and games I'll include them in the newbie guide.

+1

> The more that I think about this two column approach the more I begin to
> agree with him.  Is this something that zope could automagically do for us
> easily.  If its not built into Zope something like this should be trivial
> to write in Python.  What does everyone else think about a two column
> approach?

There is a big problem with two columns (altough it is quite easy to
implement): it makes the text quite unreadable for everyone if the text
is too long. Imagine a text that is 500 lines long : you break it in two
columns, and now you have 2 x 250 lines. The screen can show, let's say
100 lines. When you are at the end of the first column (scroll
scroll...), you scroll up to the beginning of the second column...

Buy maybe an example will better explain the problem :

Try to read this :
http://moria.mit.edu:8080/wf/test/test2cols.html

As we don't controll the lenght of the text and the number of lines
displayed by the client, it's impossible to implement two columns
layouts imho...

Philippe