[WF-Infra] Re: [WF-General] Time to choose : RT vs Bugzilla

Philippe Jadin philippe at 123piano.com
Sat Oct 20 10:24:24 PDT 2001

> From my understand bugzilla is not more mature than RT.  I haven't even looked at bugzilla, but I have been managing RT since it started and I'm liking the way it works.

Good to hear ;-)

> Second, to address the thoughts of allowing people to submit bugs anonymously.  I don't feel this is a good idea.  I'd rather treat RT like CVS is and force people to seek out an account.  The biggest reason for this is that newbies and end users will probably not understand the way the queues are laid out and more often than not will throw stuff in the wrong place.

Guest can't send bugs, or they can ? Because we could eventually setup a
guest or anonymous account that can post, and see if it works or not.

If not, well...

delete * from requests where user="anonymous" ;-)

> I have suggested that perhaps we eventually develop a zope object frontend to the RT cgis such that we can create custom bug reporting pages on the new site in the various appropriate sections.  this way people can submit bugs, but we decide where they end up in RT.

As soon as someone with basic zope knowledge will understand the rt
schema, we will be able to insert data in rt from zope, and of course to
extract data also.

I guess I could help there. What could help more, is to have someone
giving some example sql to insert a request, and to retrieve for example
the 5 latest requests in a particular queue. Then we could add it in
zope without problem.

We also need someone to install the proper db connector in zope for
postgresql.

Is there a documented scheme of the tables?
Who could install postgresql connector on zope?

Philippe

p.s. : So far, I found 2 postgresql connectors for zope :

http://www.zope.org/Members/fog/psycopg
http://www.zope.org/Members/tm/ZPoPyDA

Anyone ?