[WF-Infra] Re: [WF-General] Time to choose : RT vs Bugzilla

Philippe Jadin philippe at 123piano.com
Sat Oct 20 21:27:14 PDT 2001

> There is a guest account now that has read only privileges to the system.  Adding ticket creation is possible, but I don't know how secure it would be.

It's eventually not needed. As you say, it's not sure it's a good idea
to let anonymous users to submit bugs.

> > > I have suggested that perhaps we eventually develop a zope object frontend to the RT cgis such that we can create custom bug reporting pages on the new site in the various appropriate sections.  this way people can submit bugs, but we decide where they end up in RT.

> Sounds like you wanna just reimplement RT in zope.  I figured this would be a lot more work than having zope just submit to another page, but if someone wants to go to town on this, feel free.  My knowledge of zope is an empty shell :-).

Well, in fact I don't see the point to reimplement RT in zope, this
would be crazy. We should just use zope to display the latest requests,
based on the site section you are. So in fact, we just need an user with
read only privileges (like guest). As for submissions, a link to the RT
website is enough imho.

Philippe