[WF-Infra] Re: [WF-General] Newbie Pages (www)

Jason Oppel jason at oppel.net
Mon Oct 22 16:31:38 PDT 2001

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Michael Miyabara-McCaskey wrote:

> Sorry for the extremely tardy responce.
>
> First off let me say, that your excellent Introduction to the New User (me
> at the time), was very compelling.  To be honest it was the only thing on
> the website I found compelling.
>
> Much of the website, I found to be seriously out of date... Which made me
> initially think the whole project was dead...
>
> Through your guided tour, I made the decision to proceed.
>

> Which as you know, has now gotten me into the predicament of being the guy
> who "Wants" to be responsible for our ability to communicate more great
> documents like yours.
>
> I'm happy to hear and see, that more people are helping out, and that some
> pictures are being put in.  Personally, I didn't need them to remain
> hooked... But to the more casual reader they are nice.
>
> Again.
>
> Thanks for the great document.  Are you planning on moving it into Moria or
> should I?  (Smile) I know I know... Always thinking like a project
> management guy...

Actually the newbie guide was originally intended to be a moria document
only but the new web site was coming so slowly I thought that it would be
foolish not to make it available sooner.  My main problem with moving the
newbie guide right now is that the links in that document link to many
many areas in the old web site which  haven't been moved over to the new
site.  Now I could move the newb guide over to moria but it would lots of
broken links and it would leave me to maintain two seperate versions of
the document.

This also leads me into other issues that I've been brewing over for the
new site.  Would it be worthwhile to setup an infra meeting to get
everyone pulling in the same direction?  If so I have a few items that I'd
like to discuss about the new site and it's layout.

-Jason <Pato>