[WF-Infra] Infra Meeting: October

MiguelGuzmán miguelg at tid.es
Tue Oct 23 12:38:59 PDT 2001

Hi !

Michael Miyabara-McCaskey wrote:

> Hello everyone,

[...]

    Great writing Michael ! Infra is the place where I got first involved with
this project and its nice seeing it moving on. BTW I think people that work in
infra issues also do other things here and there, so won't ever be useless, but
will indeed have less work  :)

> #4 - Web Site Content Management.

    My concern on this issue is about translations. I know that translations are
not very important for most people in the project, but that is because most
people are from US or know enough english to communicate. But this will remain
the same if there is never translations... no translations, so no non-english
speakers here, so no need for translations and so on...

    For instance: Favian Svara, Ezequiel Pozzo and myself have made attempts at
translating things but the lack of support for translations on the site has
slowed these works down (atm there are no translations being done, AFAIK,
correct me if I'm wrong). I don't want to throw the rock and hide the hand, so I
am willing to take part in the building of an automated translation system for
the site.

    (A translation system suggestion was proposed some time ago: the user
chooses the language of navigation, and the site tries to serve the pages in the
proposed lang, if it exists, and in the original lang (usually english) if a
translation is not available)

   (Question for zope experts: I wonder if this has been prior done for zope,
perhaps this has been already developed elsewhere and we could paste it...)

    Best regards,

    Aglanor