[WF-Infra] Metaserver down.

Dave Turner novalis at novalis.org
Wed Oct 24 13:18:56 PDT 2001

The metaserver has been down for at least a few days.

Suggestion: point metaserver.worldforge.org to victor.  I have in my home
directory on Victor a copy of metaserver.  Elefth confirms that it works.

It is in:
/usr/home/novalis/metaserver

Someone with root on victor should make it start at startup.

Suggestion 2 (from James Turner (no relation)):  have clients look for
meta1.wf.org, then meta2, etc.  This allows fallbacks.

Suggestion 3: Metaserver search order should be a configurable (euro-meta.wf,
us-meta.wf).

More suggestions in #stage discussion going on right now.

--
-[Dave Turner                  New stalking number:  (610)-664-2197]