[WF-Infra] Infra Meeting: October

Michael Miyabara-McCaskey mykarz at miyabara.com
Fri Oct 26 01:51:56 PDT 2001

> > No, Chord's right.  We went through this in great depth and
> did a good
> > deal of research before coming up with the current layout, where the
> > 'dev' area is a second level beneath the 'newbie' area.  I like this
> > approach and would view it as a big step backwards to have
> the dev links
> > visible at the top level.
>
> I'm sorry, but as a newbie I can tell you it doesn't work
> (with me that
> is;-) ). Well, now I have a good idea of how the site is
> layed out, and
> it *is* well thought.

I can also say, that as a newbie, the structure does not work.  I spent a
long time, trying to figure out which sub-menu I had to go into to find
what... And even now, I'm really inept at trying to navigate either the new
or the old site.

I think the navigation issue, is not, should we have 2 homepages... But more
to the fact of, can we have a navigation system that can both include a full
scope of what is available at WF and yet also be simplistic enough for the
newbie, and powerful enough for the returning user, and/or the developer
working on WF.

-MyKarz