[WF-Infra] Infra Meeting: October

John R. Sheets jsheets at mccaawebster.com
Fri Oct 26 10:35:00 PDT 2001

Philippe Jadin wrote:

> > Someone has actually already done this.  You just subscribe an email
> > account to the CVS list and parse the emails to compile the stats that are
> > needed.  I'd love to take a implement this but I'm so snowed under I
> > haven't the time.
>
> Do you think the script could also ftp the file into zope? Then we could
> do something with it (it's easier than trying to catch the mail I think)

Do you mean FTP a Zope content file stored in CVS, into Zope?  While parsing a
CVS commits mailbox is fine for statistical reporting, I wouldn't want to base
any critical action on it.

You can set up hooks in CVS that will fire off scripts when committed files
match a string pattern.  If the in-CVS Zope content is in a specific module (or
area of the forge module), you could pass each commit there to a custom
forwarding script.  The script might have special routing logic which could be
tweaked as the site structure changes.

At least that's how I understand CVS commit hooks.  (c:

John

--
John R. Sheets, Consultant
jsheets at mccaawebster.com