[WF-Infra] Infra Meeting: October

ajr at ecs.soton.ac.uk ajr at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Oct 28 01:26:33 PST 2001

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 05:03:47PM -0700, gabriel-worldforge at daphnae.bigdam.net wrote:

> > Do the developer really want to use cvs to edit the website ?
>
> Developers editing the website is stupid.  This is what web people is for.
> You don't want coders in the web stuff.  There should be a web team, and
> all desired content for the website should go through them.  It will
> provide us with a far more cohesive feel.
>
> I do not believe that having everyone edit the website is at all a good
> idea.  I know this is the way that it has been done.  I still don't feel
> it's a good idea.

Surely the reason all this work has been done with Zope was to ensure that
anyone can edit content on the website, without concern for style and markup,
which is handled by the web team?

I find the idea that the infra team are going to be able to handle the load
of keeping the website content up to date very unlikely. The load is simply
too high for the people available.

Al