[WF-Infra] Infra Meeting: October

gabriel-worldforge at daphnae.bigdam.net gabriel-worldforge at daphnae.bigdam.net
Sat Oct 27 21:14:27 PDT 2001

> Surely the reason all this work has been done with Zope was to ensure that
> anyone can edit content on the website, without concern for style and markup,
> which is handled by the web team?

That's what I have a problem with.  This doesn't give a consistant feel.
It gives a jumbled feel -- all the pages have a different gramatical
structure.  This, I think, creates a disjointed feeling when read.

It's all very well and good if it /looks/ consistant, but if it isn't
linguistically consistant, then that causes problems, I think.

> I find the idea that the infra team are going to be able to handle the load
> of keeping the website content up to date very unlikely. The load is simply
> too high for the people available.

So find people who are capable of this.

The thing is, when you have so many different people modifying content,
you get a lot of disorganization within the ideas being presented.  Not so
good.

> Al

Gabriel Cain, gabriel at worldforge.org		Systems Admin / Security
http://gabriel.bigdam.net/index.php		Worldforge Infrastructure
Brook's Law:     Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later