[WF-Infra] Infra Meeting: October

ajr at ecs.soton.ac.uk ajr at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 20:44:18 PST 2001

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 10:31:15AM -0800, gabriel-worldforge at daphnae.bigdam.net wrote:

> > You're going to have to start recruiting big time, and I can't help thinking
> > this drain on resources will adversly affect other areas of the project.
>
> But how do you attract people to the website if they're not comfortable
> using it?

Is it necessary to attract people to the website? My view is that the
website is a repository of information made available to users and developers
of the project. Attracting people to the website itself is not a goal.
Attracting people to the project is. In the past I have advocated keeping
an entirely separate website for outsiders as a publicity exercise, but
this was not popular. Reducing the usefullness of the website to the body
of the project by limiting their access to it cannot possibly help the
project along.

Al