[WF-Infra] Follow-up on Media Repository Status

Balinor balinor at yomu.de
Sat Nov 3 02:44:55 PDT 2012

[Forgot that the media list doesn't exist any more; sending a courtesy
copy to infra@ instead.]

Hi All,

On 2012-09-25, Erik Ogenvik wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> Jack should be the one to handle DNS issues. I've added him to the
> recipients.
I never heard back from Jack, but it works now (correct A record), so
I'm taking a stab in the dark and saying: Thank you Jack !

Outstanding issues:
a) We should get a new certificate for svn.worldforge.org. Is there any
preference ? Should I try again to generate one via CAcert ? (Ususally I
prefer StartCom these days for no-budget projects, but we need to
coordinate a mail to e.g. postmaster at wf.o .)

b) Also, there was this weird thing:

On 2012-06-30, <elminister at interia.pl> wrote:

>     Hi, i am back in game i hope.
>
>     There is however a  little problem with svn repo i have, i will
>     tell you my exact steps:
>
>     *Bold* - command.
>
>     /Italics/ -server responses
>

>     1)I've made checkout of chosen branch:
>
>     /.../

>     2) I've add file "test_file":
>
>     *svn add test_file*
>

>     3) check status:
>
>     *svn status*
>
>     /A test_file/
>
>     4) commit,
>
>     *commit -m "bla" *
>
>     ...authorization...
>
>     (there comes my translation of error message - it was in polish)

>     /Adding test_file/
>
>     /Sending contents of file. svn: E175002: approval failed (details
below):/

>     svn: /E175002: MERGE with
'/svn/media/trunk/art/items/tools/tongs': 200 OK
(https:/svn.worldforge.org:886 <http://svn.worldforge.org:886>)/

>     5) checking status again
>
>     *svn status*
>
>     /A test_file/

>     still?
>
>     It drives me crazy.
>     All repo is messed, each time i make one commit, i cannot update
>     repo because it's allowed only with successful commit.
>     Maybe some of you could explain me what am I doing wrong.

Which I could never reproduce, but apparently Erik could:

On 2012-07-02, Erik Ogenvik wrote:
> I'm getting the same thing, and have for some time.
> Philipp, do you know what's wrong?
>
> /Erik

I assumed it might be a weird interaction between a newer SVN client and
an older version on the server, so I updated to server version this
summer - but then the outage happened, so I hadn't followed up on it.
Peter, Erik: is this problem fixed by now ? If not, does a fresh
checkout help ?

Cheers,
  Philipp