[WF-Infra] Follow-up on Media Repository Status

Dean Bouvier demarii.wf at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 01:22:33 PST 2012

<snipped>

b) Also, there was this weird thing:

> On 2012-06-30, <elminister at interia.pl> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi, i am back in game i hope.
> >
> >     There is however a  little problem with svn repo i have, i will
> >     tell you my exact steps:
> >
> >     *Bold* - command.
> >
> >     /Italics/ -server responses
> >

> >     1)I've made checkout of chosen branch:
> >
> >     /.../

> >     2) I've add file "test_file":
> >
> >     *svn add test_file*
> >

> >     3) check status:
> >
> >     *svn status*
> >
> >     /A test_file/
> >
> >     4) commit,
> >
> >     *commit -m "bla" *
> >
> >     ...authorization...
> >
> >     (there comes my translation of error message - it was in polish)

> >     /Adding test_file/
> >
> >     /Sending contents of file. svn: E175002: approval failed (details
> below):/
> >
> >     svn: /E175002: MERGE with
> '/svn/media/trunk/art/items/tools/tongs': 200 OK
> (https:/svn.worldforge.org:886 <http://svn.worldforge.org:886>)/
> >
> >     5) checking status again
> >
> >     *svn status*
> >
> >     /A test_file/

> >     still?
> >
> >     It drives me crazy.
> >     All repo is messed, each time i make one commit, i cannot update
> >     repo because it's allowed only with successful commit.
> >     Maybe some of you could explain me what am I doing wrong.
> >
> Which I could never reproduce, but apparently Erik could:
>
> On 2012-07-02, Erik Ogenvik wrote:
> > I'm getting the same thing, and have for some time.
> > Philipp, do you know what's wrong?
> >
> > /Erik
>
> I assumed it might be a weird interaction between a newer SVN client and
> an older version on the server, so I updated to server version this
> summer - but then the outage happened, so I hadn't followed up on it.
> Peter, Erik: is this problem fixed by now ? If not, does a fresh
> checkout help ?
>
> Cheers,
>   Philipp

This problem still exists for me in this repository, even after doing a
fresh checkout of the entire repository. I'm using 1.7.7 client on Linux
and Windows boxes.

You might want to try this fix, its the only thing I could find when
searching against that particular Error and 200 OK response. Perhaps the
server side log will provide more information to search out the root of the
issue.

http://dtbaker.com.au/random-bits/post-commit-error-svn-merge-of-somefile-200-ok-ufeff.html

-Dean